Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Packing Princess

Normal days are mostly what my life consists of, but those abnormal days are what stick out and sometimes make you scream.  

It is 7:45 in the morning and I am still cuddled in bed with the pirate's sidekick, no it is not a parrot.  He has dressed and journeyed across the field to his parent's home to enjoy his morning cup of joe (this is convenient since we have depleted the Splenda supply).  

I hear him bust through the front door and he envelopes the room with a sense of urgency.  

"Get up and get dressed, the cops are on their way," he announces (I thought pirates were superior to the law enforcement, so much for a princess perception).  I have a sinking feeling that we have been struck again.  I really hate that sick throw up feeling you get when you hear bad news.  I actually have not heard it yet, but if the police are involved, it can't be something grand life you are winning a million dollars, right?   

Apparently my carriage was left unattended and unlocked in the night and we are left one less firearm.  Packing Princess, no more, for the time being at least.  

My entire day has been spent waiting, since eight other homes got "hit" in the night.  Finally CSI shows up and dusts my car.  Wish I had an ending but that's as far as it goes today.     

Better news... I have finished embellishing the Chocolate Brown Dress




This hunter green sweater/vest is great for layer in the fall...



So I was a packing princess because one must stay protected when one can't ALWAYS have the security of a pirate.

Now I will be a packing princess because I am packing up and headed to the country with all my stuff in tow.....

1 comment:

  1. Ash sorry bout the loss. hope you recover the loot! love the dress and vest. you are so creative. i just love you

    ReplyDelete