Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Break in My Business...


So I have been MIA for a while now---> For a good reason I must say.  School started back and I had to get back on normal people time.  

Rewind a few weeks and I am right smack-dab in the middle of nowhere, riding on the back of a Bad Boy Cart.  I am accustomed to living where there are Mardi Gras Kings and King Mackerel but I felt that I slipped back in time for a few days and enjoyed being a dirty little country girl where Cotton and Kudzu are King!  

Here we are kicking up some dust through the middle of a cotton field.  
By the way, have you ever smelled a cotton field?  Reminds me of an ol' stank nasty-urine-soaked baby's diaper... nice.... 
 Yes, I helped hoist up deer stands, collided with a slew of stickers, and came toe to toe with an armadillo.  Not to mention I picked bugs off of all of us:  green, white, slimy, sticky, icky crawly bugs.  
I don't claim to be some fancy little girl, but I did feel a little out of my element at times.  
Might I add that I endured all to fancy my little pirate.  I did feel a little piratey at times though.  I mean its not everyday that you ride around with some shotguns by your side and hand guns pleading for hogs to run out so you can smash their little hoggie hides.  

Our attempts failed for all you animal people.  
Anyhow, this little supposed princess finally cruised up to the cabin dying for a chance to be  purified.  Dirt in my hair, dirt in my ears, my legs white with dust, every inch of me covered.  My teeth--->  if I bit down crunch, crunch, dust covered teeth.  


This lovely rendition of the cabin makes the rustic-ness a little more spunky!  I knew I would be nestled in the middle of "Paradise," as coined by my happy husband.  In tow:  sewing machine, storage drawers, and a mound of clothes and purses to keep me busy!  I don't think the guys would appreciate this one.  
Hopefully Molly will appreciate it, since it is HER purse... I'll just blame it on my favorite sister!  


The anticipation of hunting season for my husband is matched by my anticipation for fall clothes!  Orange Velvet...

Wished I would have taken pictures at the cabin.  Wood doors would have been a prettier background..
Another...
And closer up....
Panda bear tank....
With some rosettes....
So this is the devil dress...  Why?  Two weekends ago I wore it to a wedding.  Being a wonderful guest, I help clean up.  Humongous candle and pedestal in hand, I attempt to carry it to the kitchen.  Tipping and tottering...Warm, NO, HOT wax slides down my legs and fills up my shoes... PROBLEM!  Then I feel it... seeping through the thin chiffon and through the lining and through my slip and onto my knees and thighs.  Ugh. DRESS IS RUINED!  No, wait, Tom (Bro-in-law) hits up the nifty iPhone and finds a remedy.  
Fortunately I have wonderful parents who used tons of paper towels and an iron to melt the wax out of the dress!  Very successful... So the following weekend my family and I head up to Georgia for the fabulous wedding of Jeffrey and Ashley Lindsey!  (Dress in tow).  Yep, you guessed it, PROBLEM!  I pick up my favy baby (Sophia) and she is holding her most recent prize from me:  a Belle pen.  The ink bursts-- on Sophia's dress and mine!  
Again I am saved by my mommy.  She works her magic and I am left with a hot pink stain.  I think it matches the dress... so its fine with me!  

The back of the dress and the end for tonight..

2 comments:

  1. I love your post, girl sounds like you are falling right into the country life:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aunt Wanda! Wish we could have stayed in GA longer!!

    ReplyDelete