Thursday, July 22, 2010

Inspired by Morocco

The summer is dwindling down to its final days.  My unruly pirate is getting a little bold and speaking words such as:

"I am expecting you to be ready at 10:45, 13 minutes away."  His desire of the moment is sushi, I don't know if my recent consumption of Capt. Crunch will mix.  I am looking at him and thinking, "Getting a little too used to having a bum I mean babe around the house."  

I think he misses the bossiness of my teacher persona during the school year and is reverting to my position.  

In the mean time I'm not really being a bum.  To him it appears to be bum-i-ness because I am rousting in the midst of fabric, coffee, and a straw purse, oh yeah, and a butter knife.  

My crown might fall to the ground momentarily if I hear another, "Argh, when are you going to get ready," and I might use this butter knife as a weapon.

Here is the straw purse.  The handles seem to be cheery, yet the straw needs some help.  I gleaned some inspiration from Couleus de Saison, a Moroccan company.

This is my new like and I am an owner of one as of last Sunday.  The outside is a hurricane of fabrics in different colors (this one a little lilac-y).  

I assumed this would be an easy assignment----riiiiight.  

I began cutting strips of fabric--easy!  

I began slipping the fabrics between the straw--- uhhhhhh not so easy!  

In enters the butter knife.  Still this is a chore... Next post will be the finished product or maybe half of a finished product or something.  Don't hold your breath....it may be a while!

1 comment: